Search This Blog

Thursday 7 November 2019

Burst water main affecting supplies of water in areas of Hereford — what to do if and when it happens to you

Logging on to the Welsh Water/Dwr Cymru website home page immediately presented me with confirmation that my lack of cold water was not just my individual problem and I did not need tocontact my landlord or a plumber to fix it, while I am a poor customer who could ill afford such an expense

After not getting any cold water out of my tap this morning, and worse still, not having toilet flush, I sought a neighbour to check whether they might be having the same problem. And yes, they said that there had been a major leak affecting our whole area and the supply should, hopefully, be back to normal by 9am. That conversation was just after 7am, and I still have no cold running water.

Thinking, "Where can I get an update on this matter?" the answer came to me: "A: Of course! Via the websit of Welsh Water aka Dwr Cymru, the company to whom I pay my water bills!"

So I got onto their website
https://www.dwrcymru.com/
via a Google search for "Welsh Water"
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=%22welsh+water%22

And, sure enough, there is the message at the home page shown above, saying,

We are dealing with a burst water main in areas of Hereford, which means that customers in South Hereford may currently be experiencing discoloured water, or have no water supply.

For more information and updates, please click here.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
 Clicking on the click here link eventually provided me the following info:

Burst water main affecting HR2 area of Hereford update info screenshot

Burst Water Main Affecting the HR2 area of Hereford


Name

Burst water main affecting the HR2 area of Hereford

Status

Our team on the site

Description

We are dealing with a burst wateer main in the Putson area of Hereford, which means that customers in south Hereford may currently be experiencing discoloured water, or hav no water supply. The areas affected include Belmont, Newton Farm, Redhill and Whitecross, Kings Acre, Putson, Hinton and Hunderton areas.

We are on site dealing with the burst but this will impact on water supplies to customers throughout today and this evening. This emergency work is difficult as there is a high voltage cable nearby and so the repair needs to be done carefully.

We will be liaising with key sites in the area including schools and providing bottled water directly to those vulnerable customers in the area such as thos on dialysis, on our additional needs register.

We wish to apologise again for this and wish to assure you that we are doing everything we can to put things right and restore drinking water supplies as quickly as possible.

Last updated

07/11/2019 09:56

Keep in touch

If you want to received updates on our progress, click the follow button and add your email address to automatically

Follow


https://inyourarea.digdat.co.uk/DwrCymru?id=Bursts.1010#

The HR2 post code area is quite vast, and not everyone is so lucky to have near neighbours to check out such problems with, and so that factor is an important consideration in my drafting the above WHAT TO DO IF AND WHEN ... information posting.

So consider what agency might be best equipped to know about the problem, and go to their website if that's possible.

In the meantime, I can relax in the relatively calming information that the problem does not only affect this individual poor person, and I do not have to attempt to get my landlord's intervention, which would be especially problematic as my landlord's agent is currently in Singapore -- but usually based in Hereford!

No comments:

Post a Comment