Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 August 2019

Today is 28 August 2019. Fifty-six years ago today, Martin Luther King delivered 'I Have a Dream' speech

Today is 28 August 2019. Fifty-six years ago today, Reverend Dr Martin Luther King, Jr, as he was announced on the platform of speakers at the March for Jobs and Freedom, delivered his 'I Have a Dream Today' speech. But too few people know what he actually said beyond those much played back words.

Well, those words meant a great deal to me as I was growing up through early adulthood with a copy of the major platform speeches of that day on a Folkways long play vinyl disc to listen to in unemployment. For more on that, see my Wednesday, 21 August 2019 blog posting,

Relevance of Martin Luther King's August 28, 1963 'I Have a Dream' speech to my past as disabled jobseeker

No comments:

Post a Comment